The Bridging to Employment program has been designed to help unemployed newcomers in Brandon to gain employment. Our Instructor helps attendees by providing them the skills to help them find sustainable jobs in Brandon.
Over the course of 11 weeks, attendees will go over a variety of topics including:
- Get certified in the following:
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Safe
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service training and how to deal with complaints and meeting customer needs
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Indigenous and Cultural Awareness
- Mental Illness and Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Canadian Employment Standards
- Resume, Cover Letters, Job Search and Interview Techniques
- Soft skills – including an introduction to Zoom
- Presentations from:
- RCMP – safety, crime information, how to report a situation and also career opportunities
- CRA – Canadian Tax system, understanding your T4 and credits available
As part of the program, you will also get two weeks of work experience working in a customer service work practicum.
If you are unemployed, not receiving any income (including government assistance – EI, EIA, RAP assistance and income from any employment), you may be eligible to receive a living allowance while you attend the program.