Bridging to Employment
The Bridging to Employment program has been designed to help unemployed newcomers in Brandon to gain employment. Our instructor helps participants by providing them the skills to help them find sustainable jobs in Brandon.
Over the course of 10 weeks, attendees will go over a variety of topics including:
- Get certified in the following:
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Safe
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service training and how to deal with complaints and meeting customer needs
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Indigenous and Cultural Awareness
- Mental Illness and Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Canadian Employment Standards
- Resume, Cover Letters, Job Search and Interview Techniques
- Soft skills – including an introduction to Zoom
- Presentations from:
- RCMP – safety, crime information, how to report a situation and also career opportunities
- CRA – Canadian Tax system, understanding your T4 and credits available
- As part of the program, you will also get three weeks of paid work experience working in a customer service work practicum.
Date + Time
Dates for the upcoming programs are as follows:
|Intake 1||Intake 2||Intake 3|
|April 24 – June 30, 2023||August 14 – October, 2023||December 4, 2023 – February 16, 2024|
|Register by April 17, 2023||Register by August 7, 2023||Register by November 27, 2023|
Classes run daily, Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm
Who can attend
- Unemployed newcomers in Brandon.
- Newcomers must have CLB 5-8. All potential participants will undergo a Language Assessment prior to being accepted.
How to Register
Please click on the above button to fill out the registration form.
Our program coordinator will contact you to set up an intake appointment to further determine eligibility and potential financial supports.
If you have any questions, please email Mohamed – firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding Provided by:
The Government of Canada The Manitoba Government