We provide essential supports and life skills training for refugees during their first 4-6 weeks in Canada.
Some of these services include:
- Life skills supports in:
- grocery shopping
- navigating public transportation
- banking basics
- safety and emergency preparedness
- household management
- Airport welcome, transportation to Brandon and immediate orientation.
- Temporary accommodation, assistance during COVID -19 quarantine period and assistance in finding permanent housing.
- Orientation to employment, education, safety, Canadian cultural norms, housing, etc.
- Referrals to other WIS departments and medical and social services.