Resettlement Assistance Program
Our Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) program helps Government Assisted Refugees with resettling to their new community.
We provide essential supports and life skills training for refugees during their first 4-6 weeks in Canada.
Some of these services include:
- Life skills supports in:
- grocery shopping
- navigating public transportation
- banking basics
- safety and emergency preparedness
- household management
- Airport welcome, transportation to Brandon and immediate orientation.
- Temporary accommodation, assistance during COVID -19 quarantine period and assistance in finding permanent housing.
- Orientation to employment, education, safety, Canadian cultural norms, housing, etc.
- Referrals to other WIS departments and medical and social services.
How to Help
If you would like to be involved in helping refugees, please see our Donations or Volunteer Opportunities pages.
Our Resettlement Assistance Program is made possible thanks to our ongoing support from our funders:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada