The Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) Program is offered through the partnership of WIS and Brandon School Division.
It is a school-based settlement service that provides direct and immediate assistance to newcomers and their families.
Our SWIS team offers the following services:
- Interpretation and facilitation of meetings.
- Assistance with school registration.
- Arrangement of various group information & orientation sessions for families and students.
- Promote cultural diversity.
- Provision of leadership programming.
- Referral of clients to appropriate service providers.
- Home visits related to any school issues.
- Assistance with School related document.
- Facilitation of the integration of newcomers to school.
How to access SWIS services:
Clients with school-aged children are referred to us by Brandon School Division or settlement facilitators at WIS. After we receive the child’s information, we contact them to set up an appointment to conduct a SWIS needs assessment.
After the SWIS needs assessment has been completed, we contact Brandon School Division to set up a registration appointment.
If you need SWIS support or have questions for our team, please contact us by calling us at 204-727-6031 or use the contact form below.